Great turnout for the parade yesterday. If you haven’t checked out the photos yet – there are several posted to our Facebook page.
Now for news and updates:
1) JD’s – HERE is a link to the program for today’s JD Meet in Ladner. There will be no hard copies available so please save or print this for your records. Also with JD’s today is the final day to sign-up for the Crescent Beach B Meet on July 16th. It is a the largest JD Meet of the year, and a wonderful chance for JD swimmers to try different strokes since there are more events offered.
2) WATER POLO – A reminder that today there is a Water Polo skills session with Coach Andre from 4:30 – 5:30 today for any interested Junior and Intermediate swimmers.
3) HOOTENANNY – As you plan for the weekend please note both days will likely go quite late. It is the largest meet of the season and the first heats do not start until 9:30 AM. If swimmers make finals, these events could be in the early evening
4) SURVEY THANK YOU – Thanks to all the parents who completed the Kigoos Mid-Season Survey. We heard from about 60% of our families. We got some very useful feedback. It was also great to know that about 95% of our families Agree or Strongly Agree that they are having a positive experience with Kigoos this season.
4) PUB NIGHT – With Canada Day now finished, we turn our attention to our next big social event – Pub Night / Buddy Breakaway next Thursday night. Below is the general information. Please note in an earlier Notifier we had the wrong email address to sign up with your baked goods – if you have already emailed Janice Kostiuk – please email her again at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kigoos Pub Night prepaid Tickets are in your mailbox at the pool. Please pick up your tickets as soon as you can.
The Pub Night will be on Thursday July 10, 2014 from 6:00 to 9:00 pm and is going to be a fun time, to enjoy dinner without the kids and chances to win some awesome prizes like:
*Autographed Daniel Sedin Canucks Jersey
*Canucks Team Autographed Jersey
*Canucks Autographed Hockey Stick
* Shock Indoor Paintball 1X $450, 2X $50, 6X $25
* Wow-1Day Painting painter for a day $250
* Tsunami 2014/2015 Registration Fee
* 5 Volunteer Hours
* 2 Night 2 Bedroom Accommodations at Aspens on Blackcomb
* 1 Night in Jacuzzi Suite at the Buck & Ear Hotel
* White Caps Soccer Tickets
* Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
* Henkels ACC Knife Block Set
*Gift Certificates for Whitespot, Safeway, Cora’s, Keg, Richmond Cosmetic Clinic, Zone Bowling, Richmond Aquatic swim passes, Richmond Carting, PNE passes, Science World and more….
We have 60 extra tickets to sell. Please email me at email@example.com The more people that come, the more successful this fundraiser will be!
Pub Night Cake Auction Donations:
Are you a baker?
Does your family have a favourite dessert that you are asked to bake time and time again? If so…you may want to volunteer to make a dessert for the cake auction held at the Kigoos Pub Night Fundraiser.
We need cakes/pies/plates of brownies, cupcakes etc. to auction off, with all proceeds going to the club.
Although we cannot cover the cost of ingredients, we can sign off on the time taken to bake.
If you are able to provide a homemade baked good, please email Janice Kostiuk firstname.lastname@example.org). Include your name, dessert name, ingredients.
Your dessert must serve approx.. 8-10 people.
A maximum of 15 desserts are needed.
Volunteer hours will be provided to those who commit to making the first 15 desserts.
Please sign up no later than Friday, July 4th.