i Junior Reds,
Ladner Super 7 is a challenge of fitness because of its unique format. You had the opportunity to race up to 7 individual events, to swim a special event exclusive to Div 4+, and to race swimmers outside our region. This was also our first time racing in Watermania: the pool we will come back to during Hootenanny, several July practices, and finally Regionals. Our group is steadily improving in two areas. Firstly, you reduced pause with a quicker Turnover. Secondly, you applied a DEEP kick off the wall in your backstroke instead of popping up before the flags. The Turnover and DEEP maintain speed and maximize distance respectively and I hope you appreciate how these two skills resulted in efficiency.
Ladner Super 7 Swimmers of the Meet
Most outstanding performance: Sofia L.
Most improved (time): Isabella M.
Most improved (technique): Reya L.
· Sofia applied a turnover that was both quick and powerful in her 100m free. Her snappy turns paired with complete underwater kicks make her transition smooth. She demonstrated consistency by not breathing off her breakout at any wall after the turn, and kept her head down for a strong finish.
· Isabella took off 28.35s total and achieved “A” times in 50 Breast, 50 Fly, 100 IM.
· All of Reya’s strokes are extremely smooth and efficient especially butterfly and breaststroke. She stays low and long in butterfly, and pairs a quick pull after each breaststroke glide with strong kick.
Swimmer of the Week: Zachary K.
· Zachary has attended 8/8 practices this week and currently holds the highest attendance of our group since May. He considers every set seriously and practices each skill with attention all in order to make his strokes more efficient.
Our goal last week was eliminating pause in our strokes. These upcoming two weeks will be combined as one entire session. Our goals are 1) To master our quick Turnover, 2) To improve on dives and turns, and 3) To learn to hold onto our technique on our last 25m. We will be applying these skills in the North Shore Winter Club Meet. See you this week!
– North Shore Winter Club Meet Sign-up Deadline: TODAY (June 22)
– Drag Week (Bring a t-shirt/tank-top for use in practice): (June 23 Tuesday & June 26 Friday pm only)
– Movie Night (June 25 Thursday 4pm, SilverCity)