Hello Kigoos! Can you believe that Regionals is this weekend?! I have some extremely important information that I want to share with you all:
- Your nutrition and rest are very important elements when it comes to the outcome of your races. Make sure that throughout this week and during the meet you are hydrating with water, eating lots of fruits and vegetables, and getting lots of sleep!
- Relays will be posted at the pool on Wednesday. Please make sure that you check the relays and arrange to be at the meet to swim it. Being on a relay at Regionals is a huge privilege and should be taken seriously. The relays have been created based on times, and have been reviewed thoroughly in order to ensure the best possible combinations.
- Please note that relays at Regionals go straight to finals, unless there is more than one heat in prelims. In other words, if you are on a relay, you must stick around until after finals to swim.
- If you have been placed on a relay for Regionals, you must swim this relay. No absences will be tolerated.
- Do not “dog” heats. All swimmers should swim their best during both heats and then again in finals. You never know who could bump you out of a spot for finals and you do not want to be left wishing you would have put more effort in.
- Let’s all wear our tie-dyed t-shirts for Saturday at Regionals. Our team spirit needs to be top notch for this meet! Get ready to cheer loud, and to support your teammates! Finals at Regionals are especially exciting. Even if you do not qualify for finals, stick around the pool deck so that you do not miss the excitement!
- Please wear your Kigoos swim caps during your races. This helps coaches find you in the pool, and also represents the team! Think of your Kigoos cap as the equivalent of a team jersey- you wouldn’t play a game without it.
- If you know that you will not be attending Provincials in Victoria, but you think that you will be a qualifier, please notify Coach Ava immediately.
- We have 140 swimmers entered in close to 600 events this weekend, this is HUGE! Get pumped up!!!!!!!! Give every single race your 100%.