1) In the earlier note re: Salt Spring – we will still be booking camping space as a club, for “camping plans” we just need to know numbers so we can plan appropriately. You do not need to book camping space individually.
1) We have been asked by the City to remind our families there are no dogs allowed in the South Arm building and park. Also, rollerbladers must remove their rollerblades and bikers must dismount before entering the South Arm facility.
2) We are hoping for a few more swimmers to sign-up for the Ice Breaker at Watermania next weekend. We have extended the sign-up (HERE) to Friday at noon. While you are signing up, please also sign-up for the Boundary Bay Meet the following week – other meets will be added soon.
3) This Wednesday (tomorrow) is the Parent Orientation at 4:30 at South Arm Pool. HERE is also the information from the previous Notifier. This is a great session for new and returning families to get the scoop on what is coming ahead.
4) Next Monday to Wednesday (May 30 – June 1) are the Stroke and Turn Clinics for parents. HERE is all the information. This is a great way to be involved at swim meets – you see the action close-up, get well fed and earn your parent participation hours.
5) This weekend the Kigoos Breakfast (see below) replaces the JD Practices on Saturday morning. Weekend practices on Saturday at Watermania for other groups will continue. All groups will have their final weekend practices this Sunday at South Arm (JD) and Watermania (all other groups).
The Kigoos Breakfast is this Saturday, May 28th from 9:00 – 11:30
The event will include breakfast, handing out caps and t-shirts and an open swim and is a great way for new and returning families to connect. Also at the breakfast . . . .
1) Gear Swap – Bring your gently used swim gear to donate, swap or sell to other Kigoos families. We will have a table set up at breakfast and you can come and mingle with other parents and trade/sell swim items. All of our kids are growing at a rapid rate and this is a great way for us to share items and save a little money while we’re at it. If you want to sell your items, it will be up to you to coordinate the sale. Thanks to Chandra and Nicole for organizing this.
2) Yingfa Closing Out Sale – Are you looking for a great deal on suits and goggles? Yingfa will be coming to the breakfast to sell off their remaining inventory – this is your last chance for these deals. They have about 300 suits, some parkas and lots of Goggles. The Yingfa sale (George’s daughter is coming) will be from 9:30 – 11:00
3) Breakfast Orders – Breakfast is included for all family members! We will have a waffle, 2 sausages and hot chocolate / coffee. We need to an accurate food total – Please complete this FORM indicating how many from your family will be joining us for breakfast. The Deadline is8 pm tomorrow, May 25th.
4) Volunteers – we need helpers for the breakfast this Saturday. Please email Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.