Hi Intermediate Whites!
- Hootenanny at Watermania – EXTENDED UNTIL THIS WEDNESDAY – join over 110 Kigoos swimmers at the largest meet of the season other than provincials
- JD Meets – Ladner, Richmond and Crescent Beach. Our home meet will be at Watermania on Wednesday, July 13th. Hopefully we have a huge turnout of Kigoos from JD and other swimmers with B times.
- It is also a good time to sign-up for Surrey, White Rock, North Delta and Regionals.
Three important items for today:
1) The timing sheets are now posted HERE for the Super 7 Meet on Saturday and Sunday at Watermania. We have a number of shifts to cover – please sign-up. Also, please be sure not to erase others who have already filled in the form.
2) The following are warm-up times for this weekend:
7:45-8:20: JR R, JR W, INT W, INT R
8:05-8:40: SR B, SR W, SR R
deep pool: JR R, INT W, SR B, SR W
shallow pool: JR W, INT R, SR R
7:45-8:20: JR W, JR R
8:05-8:40: INT W, INT R, SR B, SR W, SR R
deep pool: JR W, INT R, SR R
shallow pool: JR R, INT W, SR B, SR W
3) The practice schedule for July has now been posted HERE. Please make careful note of Minoru and Watermania pool times. The number of hours in the water is consistent (actually slightly higher) than in past years. Our JD swimmers have 5 hours of practice a week, Juniors have 6 and Intermediates and Seniors have 8. If you have any questions please ask your group coach or Head Coach Emmy firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding as the pool renovations continue at Steveston Pool. A particular thanks to Rosie Nickerson who acts on our behalf working with the City and to Emmy who has had to continue to recreate practice schedules as we negotiated pool space with the City. While it is disappointing that the project is still not completed at Steveston, the staff at the City responsible for pool allocations have been excellent to work with as we did our best to ensure we had adequate pool space this summer.
Hey, Senior Red!
Hello All Senior Whites and Parents!
I hope all is going well with the last days of school counting down until summer! I know Provincial exams are coming up soon for some, and I wish all the best of luck for those taking the exam.
On a swimming standpoint, our first meet was right where I thought we would be; we raced, and competed hard, and we have a lot to work on. Which is alright! We as a group need to really focus hard on bringing the same focus on technical aspects in a race as we do in practice. Furthermore we need to focus on how we attack our races, not just shutting down and moving our arms everywhere, yet being in control of the whole race. On the other hand, I am very excited to move forward to more swim meets to consistently improve throughout our season.
As said before the next couple of weeks will be focused on endurance with a lot of focus on technique. I am very happy to say that our group attendance has been the most consistent it has ever been, and I know when more people show up with 100% effort, we end up doing great things in practice which translates into meets. Hence getting one step closer to your goals whatever they might be.
Keep up the fantastic work Senior Whites!
7:15-7:50 (in at 7:30) JR RED
7:35-8:10 (in at 7:50) INTERMEDIATE RED
7:55-8:30 (in at 8:10) SR RED
7:15-7:50: JR WHITE
7:35-8:10: INTERMEDIATE WHITE
7:55-8:30: SR WHITE AND SR BLUE
7:15-7:50 (in at 7:30) JR WHITE
7:35-8:10 (in at 7:50) INTERMEDIATE WHITE
7:55-8:30 (in at 8:10) SR WHITE AND SR BLUE
7:15-7:50: JR RED
7:35-8:10: INTERMEDIATE RED
7:55-8:30: SR RED
4:15-5:00: JR White
4:45-5:30: JR Red
5:15-6:00: Intermediate White
5:45-6:30: Intermediate Red
6:15-7:00: Senior Blue
6:45-7:30: Senior White
7:15-8:00: Senior Red