Hi Junior White swimmers and parents!
Welcome back all old and new swimmers to our 2017 summer season. My name is Tamara Yoshida, and I have the privilege to coach this year’s Junior White group. This is my third year coaching with Kigoos and my 13th year swimming with the club and have qualified for provincials since 2007.
General group expectations:
- Come to as many practices as possible and be ready to work hard.
- When myself or another coach is talking always have your head up and not talking.
- Being respectful and encourage other swimmers
- Always following the correct set and staying on task (three strikes you sit out)
- Have fun
10 things for success this summer.
- Come to practice on time with runners and a water bottle everyday.
- Know there is room for improvement.
- Always practice like you’re racing
- Always practice good technique, practicing bad habits won’t help you and will be harder to undo later.
- If a coach is giving you corrections for improvement, implement it.
- Always circle swim, and go on the correct pace time
- Make sure you are doing proper streamlines off every wall, along with proper underwaters and breakouts.
- Always practice good proper turns when we are swimming distances greater than 25m; NOT STOPING at walls.
- Be prepared to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Bring a positive attitude to practice.
Parents don’t forget to sign up your children for the appropriate swim meets before the deadline, late sign ups create problems for the coaches and might not be guaranteed. If there is anything you think I should know about your swimmer please do come talk to me or send me an email.
If you have any question feel free to send me an email at email@example.com or if you would like to talk to me in person after practice is always an excellent time to talk as well.
See you poolside!