Hello Sr. Whites and other Kigoos,
I hope everyone enjoyed the past Canada day long weekend!
This weekend we had our first big heats and finals meet, and as a club, I felt that we all did great job. We had a lot of best times, great finishes, and established new goals for the rest of the season. However, we still have a lot of work left to do.
For the Sr. White, we need to focus on executing race strategy and fallowing through with them. Its very important to fallow through with the strategy given, and how to prepare for it. Weather that is preparing before marshalling or in marshalling. Execution leads to success.
- Breathing in through the nose and out the mouth 5 times through with your eyes closed thinking about your race
- Watch film on YouTube before your races
- Relax and have fun before you are asked to go sit in marshalling
- Do not over think your race. If you need to start visualizing on the second to last bench before marshalling
- Listen to music and activate
We have a long time before Regionals and Provincials; meaning we still have a long time to polish off a couple of things before those major meets.
Keep Working hard!