Hello Senior Reds!
Incredible job at Hootenanny this weekend! It was our first meet with finals so many of us had to swim all three events twice in a day which took a lot of mental and physical determination – amazing work.
There are only four weeks left of practices before Regionals, two of which are Hell Week. I HIGHLY encourage everyone to attend as many practices as they can since the biggest area of improvement needed is our physical endurance which can only increase through consistent swimming. Please make an effort to get to the pool this week. This week will be focussed heavily on technique and race tactics (dives, turns, relay takeovers, etc) with some longer sets to increase our endurance and breathing patterns.
A few reminders:
- Sign up for “Heroes and Villains” when registration opens, it is a mandatory part of our Hell Weeks.
- Sign up for the North Delta swim meet if you can as it is the last one before Regionals!
- The secret word is Shacklebolt.
- Start packing and preparing for the Saltspring meet if you are attending it – double check everything and come to me with any questions!
- Wear runners and bring a water bottle to every practice.
- Hell Week: start planning rides to the Grouse Grind on Tuesday, July 16th
I’m so proud of all of you and I hope you are proud of yourselves too! We will be looking back at our Goal Sheets from May at sometime this week to review our progress over the season and create a final goal for ourselves.
See you on the pool deck,