Junior A: Friday, 5:00-5:30pm (after practice)
What to expect:
This seven week intensive swim program is designed for young swimmers to learn and build on the fundamentals of swimming. While this program aims to help younger children be more comfortable in the water, and to establish the key fundamental skills in swimming that are necessary to improve quickly, this program is not meant as direct stepping stone into our Junior Development program and should not be treated as such.
Preference will be given to younger siblings of Kigoos families as well as Kigoos Alumni on a first come, first serve basis. All swimming will be done in the small teaching pool at Steveston Outdoor Pool.
Due to limited pool space we only have room for a total of 18 swimmers. Each session is 30 minutes long and your swimmer will be assigned either the first or second half hour of the stated times and will be notified once registration is complete. The cost of the program is $100 and includes a Kigoos t-shirt
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from June 16th until July 30th (no sessions on Wednesday, July 9th or 23rd). There are a total of 18 sessions. Each session will be 30 minutes. The program runs from 5 – 6 pm and swimmers will be assigned to the first or second half hour.
Swimmers are expected to be on deck and ready to swim at the posted time. They should have goggles and a swim suit. Parents must be on deck for the duration of the practice to care for their child if needed.
The deadline for registration is Monday, June 9th (or until the program sells out)
For more information contact Coach Ava by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click HERE to register. Participants will be notified which timeslot they are assigned to no later than the end of the day on June 11th.
Due to limited space, we only have room for 2 volunteer coaches. No previous coaching experience is required.
If you are interested in helping out with the Tater Tots this summer, please send a short explanation of why you would like to volunteer with the Tater Tots to Coach Ava at email@example.com.
Applications are due by June 1st, and candidates will be contacted with a response no later than June 4th.
3 updates for today:
1) The link was broken in yesterday’s email linking to the important document on meet registrations and cancellations. You can find it here. Also while you are there, sign-up for the Ice Breaker and other June Meets
2) The Kigoos Mock Meet is coming next Saturday, May 31st – and this year we want ALL swimmers to be part of the event.
We are inviting ALL FAMILIES to participate in the Annual Mock Meet Waffle breakfast to be held on the 31st of May from 9 – 10am at the Steveston Pool. Whether you are a returning family with many years of Kigoos’ experience, or new to the club, this is the perfect opportunity to come and hang out and eat some delicious food.
Menu : a hot breakfast of Steveston’s very own Damien waffles covered in strawberries, whipped cream and warm syrup and served with sausages and hot chocolate. Choose from a “Superhero”(2 waffles for $5.75) or “Mighty Mouse”(1 waffle $3.50) menu. Starbucks coffee and Tazo Chai tea lattes will also be available for $1.25.
CLICK HERE to place your orders. Deadline is next Wednesday, May 29th.
As usual, please bring your own cups, plates and cutlery. As we are ordering our supplies based on your confirmations, please ensure that any cancellations are sent by email no later than 24 hours before the event to avoid a fee.
Sign-in for swimming will be at 6:45, and warm-ups and cheers will run from 7:00-7:30. We will then run through races from 7:30-9:00 with food to follow. Don’t forget to bring:
- Extra towels (you’ll be in and out of the pool, so you don’t want to be using the same wet/cold towel each time)
- Warm clothes
- Water and extra snacks
- Your loudest voice!
This is a great opportunity to practice being in a meet-type situation before our big weekend, and to race against your friends!
3) We are looking for 6 volunteers for the Posters and Cheers event held on Friday the 6th of June(the night before the Ice Breaker). The shift is from 4.30-6.30pm and we will be serving pizza and drinks to our members.
2) A separate email will be out later today or early tomorrow about the May 31st Mock Meet. We are hoping all Kigoos will attend this club-only mini-meet.
3) The meet sign-ups for the June weekend meets are now posted HERE. The process is the same as last year. The first cut-off is next Monday for Ice Breaker. We are hoping ALL Kigoos will sign-up for the Ice Breaker. Please also read an important bulletin HERE about meet sign-ups, cancellations and relays.
4) The sign-up is also posted for the first JD Meet. JD swimmers are allowed to swim at weekend meets but should double check with their and will have to be comfortable swimming on their own.
Below is the most recent Notifier sent to all families (May 11). If you are not receiving these updates and want to be added to our list please send an email to Chris Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating you want to be added and if you are a parent or swimmer.